RESEARCH & PUBLICATION
- Dept. indulge itself in research activities by taking up various projects which are contemporary in medical practice. Each faculty is assigned dept. research project after discussing such projects threadware in the Dept. meetings. This research work is conducted over & above the thesis work assigned to each MD Anaesthesia residents after duly approved by university research committee.
- Every year Dept. is able to publish 12 – 15 research papers is various national & international journals over the last three years dept. has published 37 papers.
- There is central research lab established in Medical College Campus under chairman of Principal, Subharti Medical College.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS IN THE DEPT. OF ANAESTHESIOLOGY (LAST THREE YEARS)
- A Comparative Clinical Study of Interpleural Bupivacaine and Interpleural Bupivacaine with Morphine for Post Operative Analgesia for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. The Internet Journal of Anaesthesiology. 2010 Vol. 27 No. 2.
- Submental intubation in panfacial injuries: our experience. Dental Traumatology 2010; 26: 90-93.
- Electrolyte changes: An indirect method to assess irrigation fluid absorption complications during transurethral resection of prostate: A prospective study. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia. Vol. 4, Issue 3, September - December 2010.
- Assessment of difficult laryngoscopy by electronically measured maxillo-pharyngeal angle on lateral cervical radiograph- A prospective study. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia, Year 2010, Vol. 4, Issue 3 [P. 158-162].
- Laryngoscopic removal of unusual metallic foreign body of the subglottic region of the larynx. Anaesthesia: Essays and Research, Year 2010, Vol. 4, Issue 2, [P. 106-108].
- Anaesthetic management for Smile Train a blessing for population of low socioeconomic status: A prospective Study. Anaesthesia: Essays and Research. Year 2010, Vol. 4, Issue 2 [P. 81-84].
- Smile Train Project : A blessing for population of lower socio-economic status. J. Indian Medical Association 2010; 108-723-5.
- Case Report : Rare Foreign Bodies of the Areo-digestive Tract. J. Academy Medical Specialties 2010; 1:16-9.
- Anaesthetic Management of Myasthenia Gravis with Thymic Mass in Facial Trauma. The Indian Anesthetists’ Forum. January 2010(2).
- Does Submental intubation technique show an edge over Percutaneous tracheostomy ? A prospective study in complex oromaxillofacial surgery. The Internet Journal of Anaesthesiology . 2010 Vol. 25 No. 1.
- ST elevation in a head-injured patient for emergency neurosurgery : do we routinely need a cardiac evaluation ? Ann Card Anaesth. 2010 Jan-Apr; 13(1): 447-50.
- Changes in BiSpecteral Index (BiS) Values During Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB). MJAFI 2011; 67: 38-40.
- Imaging for Central Venous Cannulation : A Necessity Rather Than Luxury. JOACP 2011; Vol. 27 No. 1 Page No. – 143-144.
- Goldenhar Syndrome : Airway and Anesthetic Management – A Case Report. JPMS Vol. 1, Issue 2, July-Sept. 2011.
- Potential role of ultrasound in anesthesia and intensive care. Anesthesia : Essays and Researches. Year 2011, Vol. 5, Issue 1 [P. 11-19].
- Hemorrhagic brain metastasis from osteogenic sarcoma of iliac bone in your female : Neurology India. Year 2011, Vol. 59, Issue 5 [P. 639-640).
- Metastasis of greater wing of sphenoid bone in bronchogenic carcinoma : A unusual case report. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics. Year 2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2 [P. 195-197].
- Oral premedication with Pregabalin or Clonidine for hemodynamic stability during Laryngoscopy and laparoscopic Cholecystectomy : a comparative evaluation Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia. Year 2011, Volume 5, Issue 2 [P. 179-184].
- Pregabalin premedication – A new treatment option for hemodynamic stability during general anaesthesia. Anaesthesia : Essays and Research. Year 2011, Vol. 5, Issue 1 [P. 57-62].
- Submental intubation : An option of airway management for Rhinoplasty and rhytidectomy. Anaesthesia: Essays and Research. Year 2011, Vol. 5, Issue 1 [P. 63-66].
- Heart rate variability assessment to stratify risk of autonomic imbalance during Subarchnoid block : A prospective study. Anaesthesia: Essays and Research, Year 2011 Vol. 5, Issue 1 [P. 72-76].
- Dexmedetomidine premedication in relevance to ketamine anaesthesia : A prospective study. Anaesthesia : Essays and Research. Year 2011, vol. 5, Issue 1 [P. 87-91].
- Ultrasound Guided Ilioinguinal Block. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology. 2011 Vol. 29 No. 1.
- To evaluate the heart or not in emergency neurosurgical head-injured patients with ST elevation : author’s reply. Ann Card Anaesth. 2011 May-Aug; 14(2): 167-8.
- An unusual complication of unsafe abortion. J. Family Community Med. 2011 Sep; 18(3): 165-7
- Central Venous Catheter Placement. An alternative of Centrodyn (Universal Adapter). Anaesthesia : Essays and Researches. 2011; 5:227-28.
- CT Scan findings and outcomes of Head Injury Patients : A cross sectional study. Journal of Pakistan Medical Students (JPMS). 2011; 2:78-82.
- Efficacy of thoracic epidural anaesthesia with 0.75% Ropivacaine and Fentanyl for Laproscopic Cholecystectomy. Anaesthesia : Essays and Researches. 2011; 5: 139-142
- Oral pregabalin premedication for attenuation of haemodynamic pressor response of airway instrumentation during general anaesthesia: A dose response study. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia. Vol. 56, Issue 1, Jan-Feb, 2012, Page No. 49-54
- The prophylactic role of tranexamic acid to reduce blood loss during radical surgery: A prospective study. Anaesthesia Essays and Researches; 6(1); Jan. – Jun 2012 Page No. – 70 – 73
- Clinical evaluation of intravenous paracetamol versus Parecoxib for postoperative analgesia after general anaesthesia. Anaesthesia Essays and Researches; 6(1); Jan. – Jun 2012 Page No. – 42 – 46.
- Subarachnoid block with Taylor’s approach for surgery of lower half of the body and lower limbs: A clinical teaching study. Anaesthesia Essays and Researches; 6(1); Jan. – Jun 2012 Page No. – 38 – 41.
- Intrathecal 0.75% Isobaric Ropivacaine Versus 0.5% Heavy Bupivacaine for Elective Cesarean Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial. JPMS Volume 2, Issue 2. April-June, 2012 Page No. – 75-80.
- Dexmedetomidine premedication for fiberoptic intubation in patients of temporomandibular joint Ankylosis: A randomized clinical trial. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia. Vol. 6 Issue 3, July-Sept. 2012 Page No. – 219 -223
- Management of Difficult Airway in An Epileptic Patient with Severe Post Burn Contracture. WebmedCentral ANAESTHESIA. 2012;3(12):WMC003898
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of chest wall in a young adult: comprehensive work-up, nine months post surgery follow-up and adjuvant chemotherapy. World J Surg Med Radiat Oncol. 2012;1:19-24.
- Ropivacaine – A Safe and Effective Alternative to Bupivacaine in Peribulbar Block for Cataract Surgery, Anaesthesia Update, Vol. 15, No. 2, Dec. 12.
- Dept. has created a New Museum which is envy to other Depts. It is always shown to any MCI inspector or any other dignitary visiting college.
- New “CPR Lab” to undertake CPR training coursed for Doctors / Residents / Interns / Non Teaching Staff & Other Corporate / Community is established recently. It is to be recognized as ‘ITC’ by American Heart Association (AHA) subsequently.
- Dept. has organized State Level CME (ISA Sponsored) in April 2011 with Dr. Deepak Malviya, ISA President in attendance as Chief Guest.
- Another ISA Sponsored CME is being organized in October 2013.
- Dr. (Brig.) V.P. Singh, Prof. & Head is elected President of ISA Meerut City Branch during the current year.
- Dept. Library has all standard text books of Anaesthesia with latest editions.
- No. of Books : Anaesthesia – 72 + Critical Care - 19 + Pain Clinic – 11 + Allied – 47 + Recent – 27 + Donated – 22 = 198
- It has all Indian Journals and 05 International Journals with latest issues (Anaesthesiology, Canadian J. of Anaesthesiology, British Journal of Anaesthesia, Anaesthesiology Clinics of North America, Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia.
- A new cardiac center is coming up next to OT building. The building is ready and likely to be commissioned in another 6-8 months time.
- Cardiac surgery programme will be launched and Dept. of Anaesthesiology will be actively involved in managing cardiac surgery cases peri operatively.
- Dept. has already projected the need for trans oesphageal echo Cardiography (TEE) machine beside other equipment required for raising a cardiac Anaesthesia facilities.
© 2014 Subharti University , All rights reserved.